How do I install my stream on my website?
There are two different ways to enable your visitors to listen to your stream. The first method uses tune-in links, this way your visitors can listen to your stream via the media player they prefer. The second method consists of an embedded flash player in your website which allows your listener to play your stream directly through their browser.
If you would like to create your own buttons on your website, you will only need the tune-in links for your anchor tags. These links can be found under the "Quick Links" option in the Centova Control Panel sidebar by searching for "Tune In".
Your other option is to choose Code Snippets in the CentovaCast menu. Scroll to the "Tune In" Section. A code will be given, which you can copy and paste wherever you want it to appear on your website. Or you could direct your listeners to your “stream start page”. You can find this URL in your CentovaCast account. After logging in you click Quick Links on the left and find your “stream start page” to be the first link on that page.
Most radio stations prefer to have an embedded player on their website so their listeners don't need to click a link to play their stream in their media application of choice. In order to achieve this you can offer one of the following options:
- Stream Start Page
This way you would direct your visitors to your “stream start page” which already contains an embedded player called “Minicaster”. It doesn’t get much easier than this. ("You can find this URL in your CentovaCast account. After logging in you click Quick Links on the left and find your “stream start page” to be the first link on that page.")
- FFMP3 Flash Player
The FFMP3 flash player is an open source player that works well with Icecast and Shoutcast streams. To embed the player on your website login to the Client Centre. Below your Shoutcast plan you choose the manage button. Select the "Flash Player" tab and click "Generate Code!". Copy and paste the code that is provided wherever you want it to appear on your website.
- Minicaster Flash Player
You can also embed the Minicaster flash player on your website. A free version and knowledgebase are available here. If you feel uncomfortable embedding the Minicaster flash player to your site, consider directing your visitors to your “stream start page instead” .
- Shoutcast Flash Player
Within 24 hours of setting up your Shoutcast server, the Shoutcast radio directory will list your radio station and provide a flash player. To embed the Shoutcast flash player on your website, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Go to the Shoutcast radio directory website and search for the name of your stream. If your stream does not show up in the directory even after being live for 24 hours, click here for suggestions or contact shoutcast.com.
- Step 2: Click on the title of your stream. It will begin to play in a bar at the bottom of the browser window. If it does not or provides you with an error, please try using a different browser (such as Firefox).
- Step 3: On the far right side of the player bar there is a small button depicting a box with an arrow coming out of it. Click it to bring up the pop-up player.
- Step 4: On the bottom right of the pop-up player, select "COPY EMBED CODE"
- Step 5: In the small window that appears, select all of the text (including angle brackets) that begins with "embed src"
- Step 6: Paste that embed code in the code for your website, wherever you would like the player to appear.
If you have trouble embedding the code, please submit a new support ticket or send us an email. We are here to help you!
CEO - Radiosolution
More Interesting Articles about Radio
- » READ: How do I install my stream on my website?
- » READ: How to make money with your own online radio station.
- » READ: DJ intro's: what every DJ needs!
- » READ: Developing a DJ or music show logo.
- » READ: Blue Icicle; A simple solution for Computer Recording!
- » READ: Buying a DJ laptop? – What to consider!
- » READ: The history of DJing