Blue Icicle; A simple solution for Computer Recording!
In today’s day and age more and more people are looking to setup their very own virtual office, meaning they can be anywhere in the world and still get their work done. This concept has always been very appealing to me! www.radiosolution.info has been the type of project where I can do just that and still be connected to the office and my clients, thanks to many fine tools that are available and most of all affordable. The Blue Icicle has been one of those tools. This slim, flexible and light device with phantom power allows me to plug my Condenser Microphone. To use the Blue Icicle, plug your xlr cable into one end and then the other end into your mic, afterwards you need to run a USB cable from the Blue Icicle to your computer. Thanks to an integrated gain knob you can control the sound levels. The setup to the computer was a breeze, in my case it was all plug and play without even requiring any device drivers. Best of all, this nifty device has a very attractive retail price running around 50$ CA and available right here.
Blue Icicle’s features in a nutshell:
• USB Microphone preamplifier and audio interface in one
• USB plug-and-play simplicity for Mac and PC
• Supplies 48V Phantom Power for condenser microphones
• No special drivers required
• Fully balanced low noise analog front end
• Analog gain control
• Phantom Power Active Light
• 16-bit/44.1kHz resolution
• Power Consumption: 200mA (from USB bus)
• System Requirements Macintosh: Mac OSX; USB 1.0 or 2.0; 64MB RAM (minimum)
• System Requirements Windows: XP Home Edition, XP Professional, Vista; USB 1.0 or 2.0; 64MB RAM (minimum)
A clever solution for all radio professionals:
Thanks to this very clever product you will never miss another voice over opportunity because you can easily bring it with you anywhere you go! When the occasion arises to do an audition, just setup your mobile studio and work your magic! The same applies for radio station presenters who are on vacation, on the road or doing live events, thanks to the Blue Icicle you only need to plug in your favorite XLR microphone, fire up your laptop and load favorite your recording or broadcasting software! As long as you have internet access you will be live and on the air in just a matter of minutes. Have fun with your radio project’s everyone and remember to contact me if I can be of any assistance!
CEO – Radiosolution